Skip to main content

The things we do . . .



Woo Hoo! Mama M's Five Question Friday has one of my submitted questions. Thank you, Mama!

That's a HUGE thank you to Mama M since it's been a tough couple of weeks for her family after a tragedy hit them. If you're a praying sort of person, they could benefit from them. I know they have mine.

If you'd like to join in, I'd love to read your answers. Just comment or hook on up with the linky.

And here we go . . .

1. Would you rather be on ABC's Extreme Home MakeOver or TLC's What not to Wear?

Easy choice here. I already know how to dress and look F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!! Thanks to Carol Tuttle and her "Dressing Your Truth" and "Energy Profiling" systems. Check it out.

The only problem with Extreme Home Makeover is this . . .


His screaming drives me NUTS!!

I liked him SO much better when he was on Trading Spaces with cute little Paige Page.


He wasn't so . . . IN YOUR FACE obnoxious!

2. Do you have any tattoos?

Well . . . yes and no. I would NEVER get a tattoo . . . NEVER . . . EVER . . .

Okay . . . that was . . until 6 months ago. It started awhile back. I became SO frustrated with my eyeliner always coming off on my upper lids (I have fairly hooded eyelids) and was complaining to my hair stylist. "Oh!" she said. "I do permanent eyeliner. You'd love it! It really doesn't hurt much at all."

So after several months of asking . . . talking about it . . . waffling . . . I agreed to do it. Wow . . . was I in for a surprise.

It. Hurt. Like. HELL! And my eyes were swollen for days. And I couldn't wear my contacts. And I couldn't wear makeup. And I bruised. Shall I go on? In hindsight, I probably wouldn't do it again. But I have to say . . . I do love them! And yes . . . they are JUST like a tattoo.



3. Do you tell your kids about things you did growing up?

If it's about growing up riding cows, flinging manure, and making forts out of bales of hay . . . YES! Anything else . . . they'll have to wait until their 40s to hear those stories (or maybe their 50s). Haha.

4. If the traffic signal turns yellow, do you stop or speed up?

I always make a quick scan of the cars stopped at the cross roads and if I don't see a cop . . . I speed up. Red means go, green means stop, and yellow means speed up. Right?

5. What's your preference: chocolate or chips?

Another easy answer . . . I don't like chocolate. I don't like ice cream. I've been called "un-American" by co-workers because of this. Oh well . . . if I can have a bag of Salt and Vinegar chips I'm happy.

You're turn.

Comments

Megan said…
I seriously considered the perm eyeliner. But I know the one tat I have on my back hurt like a mother so I could just imagine it on my lids. Not for me. at all!
Yeah - after getting my own tattoo, there is no way they could convince me that permanent make up doesn't hurt. I read someone's post that she had gotten permanent lip liner!!! Can Not imagine how painful that would be!!!
Stacie said…
OK, salt and vinegar chips rock!! And you are killing me with the eyeliner story--I think my eye started twitching just reading it. I can't even handle the puff test at the eye Dr.!
Mama M. said…
Thank you for the prayers...we definitely need them! I, too, LOVE salt and vinegar chips...but, have you tried S&V almonds?! Wow. Addicting.
Brandy Nelson said…
I am a new follower! Stop by sometime and follow back, if you'd like! It's my new blog, so not too much content yet, but I am adding to it regularly and am planning a giveaway when I reach 100 followers!
Have a great weekend!
Brandy
http://www.NewlyCrunchyMamaOf3.com
PBJdreamer said…
Permanent eyeliner sound so seductive but after what you said --gosh no way!

S&V almonds OH MY Mama M.

I loved your fashion links!


that is all
I'm considering the eyeliner. I'm glad I read this ;) Super helpful.

I'm following :)
ecwrites.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Miss Manners

It's that time again . . . FIVE QUESTION FRIDAY!! Which means it's almost the weekend and I'm doing the "happy dance" for that one! I missed 5QF last week because of one WHOPPER of a migraine that put me in the ER for an IV cocktail that was heavenly. So . . . here are the questions. Hook up from Mama M's page and join this enlightening meme! 1. Do you know what your REAL hair color is? You bet! Brunette . . . with a bit of red when the sun hits it just right. Is that the color right now? Oh wait . . . that wasn't the question. *Wink* *wink* 2. Do you plan ahead for summer, or fly by the seat of your pants? Summer is just like any other season. I go to work. I come home. I go to bed. I get up. And repeat. WHY I don't go on a vacation I'll never know! 3. What is your favorite meal to cook? I have a killer recipe for homemade creamy chicken soup . . . with dill and red wine vinegar. It's easy and it's awesome when the weather o

Zzzz + Snow + Mocktails = 5QF

Yee Haw!! It's Friday and that means . . . I get to pretend I'm going to sleep in on Saturday and Sunday, but I'll really wake up at 5:45am and not be able to go back to sleep! Yay!! I SO look forward to that . . . NOT!! But it also means Five Question Friday . . . which I love doing. Thank you Mama M . If you want to join in, I'd love to read your answers . . . and I greatly appreciate comments . . . . . . it makes me feel loved. 1. If you had $1,000 to donate to a charity, which would you choose? I don't know how to choose on this one . . . mainly because I'd donate to anything relating to children. I used to be a pre-school assistant director, and I saw a lot of sad, neglected children. Some days it was hard to watch these children begging for attention and affection from their parent(s), only to be ignored and rushed out the door because Mom or Dad just wanted to get home. Whitney had it right: "I believe the children are our are future Teach