Skip to main content

Green Peppers and Volkswagens



I'm with just about everyone else I know . . . I'm SO glad it's the weekend! With one exception: we woke up to 5 inches of snow . . . AGAIN!!! I want to hunt down Punxsutawney Phil and strangle the little varmint. I think he lied!!

Here's this week's Five Question Friday, and once again Mama M has used one of my questions (did I really submit this many?? haha). Link on up and join in. I love going through the entries and reading what others answer. At times it let's me know I'm not so CrAZy!

1. Can you drive a stick shift?

I certainly can. The very first car I drove when I was 13, out on the country roads (as if that makes it ok!), was a 1963 Volkswagen Beetle. Then when I finally got my permit, we had an old brown pickup with "3 on the tree" and I learned to drive stick. I didn't realize there was any other option. Now days, it seems like it's a rare thing if someone knows how to drive a stick. I LOVE driving a stick . . . you can be SO much more of a hotrod if you have one.

2. What are two foods you just can't eat?

Green peppers and sauerkraut. Not together . . . well, I guess, not alone either. I love the taste of green peppers but they sure don't like me. I'm allergic and they make me SO sick. Even if there are little pieces of them in something or even if the juice from the pepper gets on my hands . . . watch out!

Sauerkraut on the other hand is just plain AWFUL! The smell, the look, the taste . . . there is nothing appealing AT. ALL. Not to mention I have a painful memory from when I was 5 or 6 years old and I was staying with my Aunt for a few days and she made me eat a LARGE bowl of it because I wouldn't try it at dinner. I was sick all night long after that. Even just smelling it makes me do that disgusting gag reflex. Ugh.

3. Do you buy Girl Scout Cookies? What is your favorite kind?

Yes. And yes. Oh...I have to pick one? Thin Mints . . . hands down!

4. How do you pamper yourself?

This is a rarity. When I do, I get a massage. Have you ever had a hot stone massage? If not, do it! It's one of the best things EVER.

5. What is your nickname and how did you get it?

I just blogged about this. Ever since I was about a year old (maybe younger) my mom has always called me "Tweet." It all started with her calling me "sweet." And of course, baby talk comes in to play and it turned in to "Tweet." Variations of that: Tweeterbug, Tweetie, and Tweeter. But with the invention of Twitter, my nickname means something MUCH different. I used to have a personalized license plate with "Tweet" on it. If I had that now, people would think I'm just an avid Twitter user. I really think I should have copyrighted my nickname!!

Ok . . . your turn!


Comments

Stacie said…
Definitely going to add a hot stone massage to my list of things to try!
TIFFANY said…
Stopping by from 5QF

I was about the same age your were when my aunt made me eat cooked spinach. Actually, she didn't make me eat it, she just didn't realize that I didn't like it. I was too shy to say anything, so I forced it down. I still cannot stand it!

Happy Friday!
AMY said…
Awwwww I would Love to try a hot stone massage someday!

Love the Volkswagon......very cool!

I'm a new follower.
Amy's Life
I know what you mean about green peppers (which I love) I have the same problems with avocado. I love them ~ they hate me. Sauerkraut is just plain wrong.

I love the story about your nickname - Sweet is one of my pet names for my girls.

Popular posts from this blog

The things we do . . .

Woo Hoo! Mama M's Five Question Friday has one of my submitted questions. Thank you, Mama! That's a HUGE thank you to Mama M since it's been a tough couple of weeks for her family after a tragedy hit them. If you're a praying sort of person, they could benefit from them. I know they have mine. If you'd like to join in, I'd love to read your answers. Just comment or hook on up with the linky. And here we go . . . 1. Would you rather be on ABC's Extreme Home MakeOver or TLC's What not to Wear? Easy choice here. I already know how to dress and look F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!! Thanks to Carol Tuttle and her "Dressing Your Truth " and "Energy Profiling" systems. Check it out. The only problem with Extreme Home Makeover is this . . . His screaming drives me NUTS!! I liked him SO much better when he was on Trading Spaces with cute little Paige Page. He wasn't so . . . IN YOUR FACE obnoxious! 2. Do you have any tattoos? Well . . . yes a

Miss Manners

It's that time again . . . FIVE QUESTION FRIDAY!! Which means it's almost the weekend and I'm doing the "happy dance" for that one! I missed 5QF last week because of one WHOPPER of a migraine that put me in the ER for an IV cocktail that was heavenly. So . . . here are the questions. Hook up from Mama M's page and join this enlightening meme! 1. Do you know what your REAL hair color is? You bet! Brunette . . . with a bit of red when the sun hits it just right. Is that the color right now? Oh wait . . . that wasn't the question. *Wink* *wink* 2. Do you plan ahead for summer, or fly by the seat of your pants? Summer is just like any other season. I go to work. I come home. I go to bed. I get up. And repeat. WHY I don't go on a vacation I'll never know! 3. What is your favorite meal to cook? I have a killer recipe for homemade creamy chicken soup . . . with dill and red wine vinegar. It's easy and it's awesome when the weather o

Zzzz + Snow + Mocktails = 5QF

Yee Haw!! It's Friday and that means . . . I get to pretend I'm going to sleep in on Saturday and Sunday, but I'll really wake up at 5:45am and not be able to go back to sleep! Yay!! I SO look forward to that . . . NOT!! But it also means Five Question Friday . . . which I love doing. Thank you Mama M . If you want to join in, I'd love to read your answers . . . and I greatly appreciate comments . . . . . . it makes me feel loved. 1. If you had $1,000 to donate to a charity, which would you choose? I don't know how to choose on this one . . . mainly because I'd donate to anything relating to children. I used to be a pre-school assistant director, and I saw a lot of sad, neglected children. Some days it was hard to watch these children begging for attention and affection from their parent(s), only to be ignored and rushed out the door because Mom or Dad just wanted to get home. Whitney had it right: "I believe the children are our are future Teach