Skip to main content

Shocking!!



It's that time again where I get to embarrass myself with Mama M's . . .

FIVE QUESTION FRIDAY (said with my game show announcer voice).

Join in. Just copy and paste the questions to your blog, or you can answer them by posting a comment at the end of my entry. Link up if you want to learn more about all these wonderful bloggers!!

1. What is your worst memory of your siblings?

2. What was YOUR naughtiest childhood memory? (Must be something YOU did, no pawning it off on someone else!)

3. Where do you like to go to relax?

4. What was the last thing you won?

5. If you could be on a game show, which would you choose?


Here goes:

1. What is your worst memory of your siblings?

I'm the oldest of 3 . . . 2 younger brothers . . . that, alone, should get your imagination going! My brother just 15 months younger than myself has created a lifetime of . . . ahem . . . "choice" memories. Here's one: have you ever been poked on the back of your knee, the most tender spot EVER, with an electric cattle prod??? No?? I hope you never do.

2. What was your naughtiest childhood memory?

Again, this involves Brother #1 (and I'm really picking one of my tamer incidents). When I was in Kindergarten, my parents both worked and we went to a sitter. My memory of this sitter is sketchy . . . but then . . . so was she! She used to let us do whatever we wanted and go wherever we wanted, while she watched TV and took naps. Can you imagine letting a 5 and a 4 year old have complete control over their day?? She always had matches lying around the house, so I talked Brother #1 into grabbing a book of matches, running in the bathroom, locking the door, and trying to light whatever we could get our hands on. Someone must have been watching over us, as the only thing that we really lit on fire was my thumb nail!

3. Where do you like to go to relax?


Most of the time it's this room:



I can shut the door and have some peace and quiet. Even if I'm not doing any "business." :)

4. What was the last thing you won?

My family knows . . . I'm a junky for radio contests. Most times when I call in I'm the correct caller. I've won round trip airfare to anywhere in the U.S., diamond rings, food, concert tickets, LPs (yes, I'm that old!), and money. The most recent was a wonderful book by Carol Tuttle "It's Just My Nature." If you haven't read it . . . get it. It's changed my way of thinking about my body image and personality. Thanks, Carol!

5. If you could be on a game show, which would you choose?

"I'd like to buy a vowel, please."

I'm sure it's much harder in person, but when I've watched this (which really hasn't been in a LOOOONG time . . . really!) I can guess the word or phrase with only 1 letter on the board; sometimes I can guess it without any letters. I LOVE puzzles and word games! As I'm driving everywhere I look at license plates and make up words from the letters on the plate. Of course, the letters in the word have to be in the same order as they are on the plate. Weird, I know.

There you have it! Join in and leave a comment if you want. I love those :)

Comments

vanita said…
i picked wheel of fortune too! You are one lucky person. diamonds, really? wow.
Java said…
Hi!!!

I'm so glad you commented on my "Italian Ice" post today! It was nice hearing from you and I'm glad to hear you are nosy too!!! I will check out that blog where she checks out her kids backpacks and drawers!! Love it!!

Love your blog too!
Have a very Happy Mother's Day!!
Candice said…
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

I love Wheel of Fortune too, though by the sounds of it, I'm not as good as you!!
Unknown said…
Hi Following via friendly friday follow-stop by and visit me at healthy living and a balanced you-www.aliciahunter.net. Have a Wonderful Weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

The things we do . . .

Woo Hoo! Mama M's Five Question Friday has one of my submitted questions. Thank you, Mama! That's a HUGE thank you to Mama M since it's been a tough couple of weeks for her family after a tragedy hit them. If you're a praying sort of person, they could benefit from them. I know they have mine. If you'd like to join in, I'd love to read your answers. Just comment or hook on up with the linky. And here we go . . . 1. Would you rather be on ABC's Extreme Home MakeOver or TLC's What not to Wear? Easy choice here. I already know how to dress and look F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!! Thanks to Carol Tuttle and her "Dressing Your Truth " and "Energy Profiling" systems. Check it out. The only problem with Extreme Home Makeover is this . . . His screaming drives me NUTS!! I liked him SO much better when he was on Trading Spaces with cute little Paige Page. He wasn't so . . . IN YOUR FACE obnoxious! 2. Do you have any tattoos? Well . . . yes a

Miss Manners

It's that time again . . . FIVE QUESTION FRIDAY!! Which means it's almost the weekend and I'm doing the "happy dance" for that one! I missed 5QF last week because of one WHOPPER of a migraine that put me in the ER for an IV cocktail that was heavenly. So . . . here are the questions. Hook up from Mama M's page and join this enlightening meme! 1. Do you know what your REAL hair color is? You bet! Brunette . . . with a bit of red when the sun hits it just right. Is that the color right now? Oh wait . . . that wasn't the question. *Wink* *wink* 2. Do you plan ahead for summer, or fly by the seat of your pants? Summer is just like any other season. I go to work. I come home. I go to bed. I get up. And repeat. WHY I don't go on a vacation I'll never know! 3. What is your favorite meal to cook? I have a killer recipe for homemade creamy chicken soup . . . with dill and red wine vinegar. It's easy and it's awesome when the weather o

Zzzz + Snow + Mocktails = 5QF

Yee Haw!! It's Friday and that means . . . I get to pretend I'm going to sleep in on Saturday and Sunday, but I'll really wake up at 5:45am and not be able to go back to sleep! Yay!! I SO look forward to that . . . NOT!! But it also means Five Question Friday . . . which I love doing. Thank you Mama M . If you want to join in, I'd love to read your answers . . . and I greatly appreciate comments . . . . . . it makes me feel loved. 1. If you had $1,000 to donate to a charity, which would you choose? I don't know how to choose on this one . . . mainly because I'd donate to anything relating to children. I used to be a pre-school assistant director, and I saw a lot of sad, neglected children. Some days it was hard to watch these children begging for attention and affection from their parent(s), only to be ignored and rushed out the door because Mom or Dad just wanted to get home. Whitney had it right: "I believe the children are our are future Teach