Skip to main content

Where is the year going?


Is it really almost June? Time flies when you're having . . .

a. Car issues.
b. Play practice until 10p or later every night.
c. Haters for Co-workers
d. Youngest child is graduating from high school
e. All of the above

Things feel out of control right now so I'm hoping some time this summer I'll get a nice vacation. "Calgon, take me away!"

Now . . . for 5QF . . . or Five Question Friday . . . or the only time I blog these days :)

1. Do you have an iPhone and, if so, how do you get apps and what are your favorites?

2. What is your fondest memory of K-3rd grade?

3. What makes you cringe at the thought of touching?

4. If you could have any celebrity show up on your doorstep who would it be and why?

5. What would you say is your best physical feature?

Copy and past these to your blog, or just answer them in my comments area. Have fun. And be sure to thank Mama M!!

1. Do you have an iPhone and, if so, how to you get apps and what are your favorites?

Yes . . . I DO have an iPhone and as much as I hate to admit it, Steve Jobs, I LOVE it! My loving husband convinced me to get one when he bought his. I struggled with spending the money and figured it was WAY to much phone for me. But now . . . I'd be lost without it! Some of my favorite apps: BEJEWELED (I'm a junky), Backgrounds (I'm constantly changing mine) and FMC (a great tracker for that lovely time of the month. This will make my kids laugh!!)! On a weird side note, I stop my DVR when an iPhone commercial comes on so I can see all the apps shown, then I look them up . . . just in case I can't live without one :)

2. What is your fondest memory of K-3rd grade?

Some of you might think this is a bad memory . . . myself included . . . but it's really not. When I was in Kindergarten we lived in a pretty rough neighborhood in Seattle. So as a 5 year old (and my brother was 4) we really had to stick up for ourselves. Needless to say, I developed quite a "colorful" repertoire of words. I got upset at my brother for something he did to me (which was nearly every minute of every day and probably all he did was follow me to school, which was embarrassing!!) and I let loose . . . "with the mother of all bad words" (A Christmas Story anyone?) and called him a little f*cker. Can you just imagine a 5 year old spewing those words? Of course, my brother ran home and tattled on me.

So my dad washed my mouth out with soap. Ewww. But my dad, the tender hearted daddy that he is, felt so awful, that he took me down to Piggly Wiggl
y and let me choose a whole package of cookies . . . my favorites at the time . . . chocolate covered graham crackers . . .


all for me . . . no sharing . . . yummmmmm. Have any of you done the "soap" treatment to your own children? After my experience, I vowed I would never do that to my own kids. Well . . . that lasted until I had my second son. :)


3. What makes you cringe at the thought of touching?

I cringe at touching my own wounds. All I have to do is unwrap it and I'm ready to pass out. I can look at other's stitches or surgeries or profusely bleeding wounds, but I can't look or touch my own. And I've had my fair share of things in the past 2 years!

4. If you could have any celebrity show up on your doorstep who would it be and why?

There are too many to choose from. Do I have to choose just one? Okay . . . I will :( I think I'd like to have Julia Roberts knock on my door. I think we'd be great friends . . . based on interviews I've seen she has a fun outlook on her life . . . and she knits!


5. What would you say is your best physical feature?

I'd have to say my fingernails. Weird, huh? I have awesome nails and many times I get compliments from people asking who did my nails and if they're acrylic or gel. I used to look at my parents hands and wonder where I got such great nails (not that they have bad ones, but mine just aren't shaped like theirs). Then one day I was visiting my grandma in her nursing home and VOILA . . . I looked at her hands and it was like looking at my own. Very cool that I have something of hers to carry on.

Ok...take a whack at it :)

Comments

Java said…
Hi Tweet!!

Thanks for joining the Over 40 Bloggers Club!
I added you to the list!!

I know what you mean about everyone seems like they are in their 20's!!

Hope your doing well!!

Have a great weekend!!
TIFFANY said…
I LOVE Bejewled! I don't have an iPhone, but I do have a version of it on my phone. It's great for passing the time during the kids' practices!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
Sandra Burns said…
Following back! I like your answers too! Thanks for following!
LeeAnn said…
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I also love Bejewled! Now I need to see if there is an app for it for my phone...
Amy said…
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have a cool giveaway starting tomorrow that you might enjoy stopping by and entering. Have a great week.

Amy @ http://missionalmamassoul.blogspot.com/
Java said…
Hi!!
Come on over and join the fun!! All new for Friday!! Its the Follow Friday 40 and Over Blog Hop!
Make new friends and most of all...have fun!
Hope to see you there!!

Popular posts from this blog

The things we do . . .

Woo Hoo! Mama M's Five Question Friday has one of my submitted questions. Thank you, Mama! That's a HUGE thank you to Mama M since it's been a tough couple of weeks for her family after a tragedy hit them. If you're a praying sort of person, they could benefit from them. I know they have mine. If you'd like to join in, I'd love to read your answers. Just comment or hook on up with the linky. And here we go . . . 1. Would you rather be on ABC's Extreme Home MakeOver or TLC's What not to Wear? Easy choice here. I already know how to dress and look F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!! Thanks to Carol Tuttle and her "Dressing Your Truth " and "Energy Profiling" systems. Check it out. The only problem with Extreme Home Makeover is this . . . His screaming drives me NUTS!! I liked him SO much better when he was on Trading Spaces with cute little Paige Page. He wasn't so . . . IN YOUR FACE obnoxious! 2. Do you have any tattoos? Well . . . yes a

Miss Manners

It's that time again . . . FIVE QUESTION FRIDAY!! Which means it's almost the weekend and I'm doing the "happy dance" for that one! I missed 5QF last week because of one WHOPPER of a migraine that put me in the ER for an IV cocktail that was heavenly. So . . . here are the questions. Hook up from Mama M's page and join this enlightening meme! 1. Do you know what your REAL hair color is? You bet! Brunette . . . with a bit of red when the sun hits it just right. Is that the color right now? Oh wait . . . that wasn't the question. *Wink* *wink* 2. Do you plan ahead for summer, or fly by the seat of your pants? Summer is just like any other season. I go to work. I come home. I go to bed. I get up. And repeat. WHY I don't go on a vacation I'll never know! 3. What is your favorite meal to cook? I have a killer recipe for homemade creamy chicken soup . . . with dill and red wine vinegar. It's easy and it's awesome when the weather o

Zzzz + Snow + Mocktails = 5QF

Yee Haw!! It's Friday and that means . . . I get to pretend I'm going to sleep in on Saturday and Sunday, but I'll really wake up at 5:45am and not be able to go back to sleep! Yay!! I SO look forward to that . . . NOT!! But it also means Five Question Friday . . . which I love doing. Thank you Mama M . If you want to join in, I'd love to read your answers . . . and I greatly appreciate comments . . . . . . it makes me feel loved. 1. If you had $1,000 to donate to a charity, which would you choose? I don't know how to choose on this one . . . mainly because I'd donate to anything relating to children. I used to be a pre-school assistant director, and I saw a lot of sad, neglected children. Some days it was hard to watch these children begging for attention and affection from their parent(s), only to be ignored and rushed out the door because Mom or Dad just wanted to get home. Whitney had it right: "I believe the children are our are future Teach