Saturday, January 22, 2011

Twitter . . . I Have a Bone to Pick with You

Yes . . . I have a beef with Twitter.

Why, you ask?

Look to the right . . . next to my picture. See the word "Tweet?"

That's not there so you can "tweet" me or connect to Twitter or follow my tweets.

That's my nickname . . . since I was a wee babe . . . maybe 1 or 2 years old. My mom always called me "Tweet" "Tweetie" "Tweeter" or "Tweeter Bug" . . . when I hear those names, that's me . . . I'll always answer. I even had a vanity plate in the 80s that read "Tweet."

My beef? I don't want everyone thinking you can "tweet" me. Or if I leave a comment on your blog . . . it says it's from "Tweet." Wouldn't that confuse you? I feel like I need to change my nick name on my blog now and that makes me feel sad.

But what new name fits?

*Sigh*

I should make THEM change THEIR name! Chirpy? WOT (Waste of Time)?

We'll see....

3 comments:

PBJdreamer said...

Tweetie Pie

That is an unfortunate coincidence....when I saw your comment in my email that is exactly what I thought!

What if you use one of your nickname versions of tweet?

OR better yet

You can go around commenting as if you are TWITTER and twitter itself is commenting...

oooh a power trip?

that is all

Sailor Studio said...

hehe, I definitely was a little confused when I read your comment... thought it was somehow a "tweet"...that stinks though, you obviously were "Tweet" before twitter existed.

Maybe a variation would work.

Thank you so much for stopping by and your sweet comment!

Lily

Tulsi said...

Your blog is interesting